Wednesday, March 14, 2012

yarn bombing


  Have you heard of yarn bombing?  According to the NY Times, it's "graffiti's cozy, feminine side".  You can see it pretty frequently in Portland , around bike racks, telephone poles and park benches.  I have a soft spot for graffiti, especially works that take an otherwise sad, neglected space and turn it into beautiful eye candy.   

  

  What's your thoughts on yarn bombing?  Kitschy or creative?  It puts a smile on my face when I see it.  Although knowing how long it takes me to knit things... I'm not sure if I am one to have the patience to participate.  Although, I do love that little legwarmer on that statue up above.



 Pictures from Magda Sayeg, mother of yarn bombing


1 comment:

wmbg. said...

i can fully support legwarmer-on-statue-bombing.